Terror Alert Level and Recommeded Actions
Terror Alert Level
Alert Level Recommended Actions
RISK OF TERRORIST ATTACKS
- Develop a family emergency plan. Share
it with family and friends, and practice the plan. Visit www.Ready.gov
for help creating a plan.
- Create an “Emergency Supply Kit”
for your household.
- Be informed. Visit www.Ready.gov or obtain
a copy of “Preparing Makes Sense, Get Ready Now”
by calling 1-800-BE-READY.
- Know how to shelter-in-place and how to
turn off utilities (power, gas, and water) to your home.
- Examine volunteer opportunities in your
community, such as Citizen Corps, Volunteers in Police Service,
Neighborhood Watch or others, and donate your time.
- Consider completing an American Red Cross
first aid or CPR course , or Community Emergency Response
Team (CERT) course .
GUARDED RISK OF TERRORIST ATTACKS
- Complete recommended steps at level green.
- Review stored disaster supplies and replace
items that are outdated.
- Be alert to suspicious activity and report
it to proper authorities.
ELEVATED RISK OF TERRORIST ATTACKS
- Complete recommended steps at levels green
- Ensure disaster supply kit is stocked and
- Check telephone numbers in family emergency
plan and update as necessary.
- Develop alternate routes to/from work or
school and practice them.
- Continue to be alert for suspicious activity
and report it to authorities.
HIGH RISK OF TERRORIST ATTACKS
- Complete recommended steps at lower levels.
- Exercise caution when traveling, pay attention
to travel advisories.
- Review your family emergency plan and make
sure all family members know what to do.
- Be Patient. Expect some delays, baggage
searches and restrictions at public buildings.
Check on neighbors or others that might need assistance in
Recommended by the United States Department of Homeland Security and
SEVERE RISK OF TERRORIST ATTACKS
- Complete all recommended actions at lower
- Listen to local emergency management officials.
- Stay tuned to TV or radio for current information/instructions.
- Be prepared to shelter-in-place or evacuate,
- Expect traffic delays and restrictions.
- Provide volunteer services only as requested.
- Contact your school/business to determine
status of work day.